Pages

Thursday 16 October 2014

- holiday explanation/recount

A Term break is when students have a two week break where you don’t have to go to school. The reason we have holidays is to have few weeks break, so you can relax and you can also visit relatives. Holidays are also good for teachers to catch up with their family, and so they can reflect on the term that just passed.  Instead  I went to the movies, suffered without internet and electricity and also visited my aunts and uncles.


I went to the movies twice, once with my Dad and my sibling and once with my Nan and sibling. I watched The maze runner and the next Step up. For three horrible days Glen Innes, Mt Wellington, Mission Bay, Pakuranga, Panmure and a few other suburbs suffered the horrible tragedy of no electricity and internet. I went to a barbeque at my Aunt and Uncles and visited them throughout the holidays.


I watched the next Step up on the second Monday of the holidays at the Manukau Movies. My nan drove my siblings and I to the movies, and then we bought the tickets to the movies. Then we went and had lunch, my younger sister and I had burger king and my brother had butter chicken. Then we went back to the movies and watch the next Step Up.


On the fourth of October there was a fire at the power station in Ellerslie causing most of the suburbs surrounding Ellerslie not to have electricity and internet. When it was night time I would hear shouting and beeping. Also at night we had to use candles to see and to barbeque food instead of cooking on an oven. I also had to boil hot water with a generator or in a pot on a barbeque. When I went to church there were no lights, so we had to open the curtains and there were no speakers, so the music was really quiet. At night all of the lights were off and you couldn’t really see that well.


Throughout the holidays I visited my Aunts and Uncles a lot. On Saturday the day after school finished I visited my Aunt and Uncle, they had a barbeque to celebrate them finally getting married. My grandpa and I cooked the food on the barbeque, which took a few hours. Then I had dinner, it was delicious. When I finished eating I was really tired, so I fell asleep on the couch watching Harry Potter.

During the holidays I went to the movies, endured three painfully long days of no internet and electricity, and also visited my aunts and uncles. The part I enjoyed the most was when I watched the Maze Runner, and i’m looking forward to watching the sequel to the Maze Runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment